Social Service and Development Ministry
The Social Services and Development Ministry aims to spearhead activities that will enhance the formation of a social consciousness and active participation that will transform the community toward development.
It engages in survey and survey analysis and recommends moves to counteract the problems in the community through community organizing, training, and mobilization of its members. Among its concrete goals are job opportunities, lower prices of commodities, and increased social services.
It has the following departments:
- Research and training
- Community organizing
- LABOR, EMPLOYMENT AND PRODUCTIVITY DESK
- Skills training and productivity
- Directory of job opportunities
- Labor laws and rights
- HEALTH, ENVIRONMENT, GOOD GOVERNMENT, AND SECURITY DESK:
- Seminars on preventive health (herbal, reflexology, drug rehabilitation, etc.)
- NAMFREL and PPCRV
- Legal desk
- Setting up of increased security in the area through linkages
- SOCIAL AWARENESS IN BEC ORGANIZING DESK
- Community organizing against social issues (drugs, crimes, vices, etc.)
- Positive social values education
- Advocacy work in any social issue
- FINANCIAL SERVICES DESK
- Setup of consumer / credit cooperative
- Finance counseling
- Insurances, death, burol, etc.